HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Kid shot "my" deer......
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 11:21 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Kid shot "my" deer......

New:

There's NO way I can unequivocally say that buck didn't wander onto that (whatever's left of an acre after you place a house/barn and a few cars on it) land and was taken, legally. But.....if it was....that's one helluva prime spot (considering his dad just killed a spike and an 8 pointer supposedly from grandpa's land, too). I'm not going to do anything about it. When I had a stnd stolen, last year.....I went to my landowner to just tell him I had something stolen. He told me his nephew and great nephew probably did it. He SPECIFICALLY does not let them on his land. I have sole permission....for a reason. I watch out for his property. His property is better served with me on it, periodically. I'm there and they aren't.....for a reason (really...a few reasons).

It just bugs me that an animal of that stature was LIKELY not taken by legal means....or, at least, taken in a legal manner. And yes.....I cultivate that herd and follow it all year long. it bothers me when one gets hit by a car, too. I, like most here, would like to think my hard work and time was put in for a CHANCE at one of them. Especially one of htis caliber 9that I heard it was).

Just my .10

jeff

Jeff