Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kid shot "my" deer...... >

Kid shot "my" deer......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kid shot "my" deer......

Old 12-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Kid shot "my" deer......

Well....My neighbor (lives in the woods, behind me) lets his son and grandson come over and hunt whenever they want to. I've been putting ou minerals and supplemental feeding my deer herd for over a year. I set up game cams and hunt my area HARD. I've had my eye on 3 deer for a while now.....and I heard, last night, that my neighbor's grandson shot a ten pointer out of my area (wednesday). That news took a littlewind out of my sail.

Sour grapes??? Yep.

Grandpa owns ONE acre. I have sole permission to hunt the area all around him for MANY, MANY acres.

I wouldn't begrudge anyone shooting a deer that I'd had my eye on.....if it was taken under legal and ethical circumstances......but this chaps my axx.

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Kid shot "my" deer......

do-do occurs. There will be other wall hangers, I'm sure there are a few there now. Pat the boyon the back and tell him congrats...he's a kid, and now he's hooked for life.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

But if he trespasssed that shouldn't be condoned either.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:42 AM

Thing is no one owns the deer...So if he took it legally, I'd be happy for the youngster. Great to get the next generation out there having fun in the outdoors.

That stinks...
But if it is legal, and ethical...what is is what is.
Nontypical Buck

This reminds me of a post someone once told me....

A deer isn't owned until it is dead.

How sure are you that it wasn't taken from gramps land?

Old 12-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you say he shot the deer out of "my area", was he on your piece or just near it on his. 1 acre doesn't sound like much of anarea to hunt. How do they normally hunt it and is there any way he could have some kind of permission from any of the landowners that are around both of you? Is the guy trespassing and if so has it been going on for past seasons? I have read many posts from you SB and from them gather that you have an intimate knowledge ofthe herd and land, have you had any encounters with these individuals while hunting?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:54 AM

So you are saying the kid was trespassing when he killed the deer? How old of a kid are we talking about here?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:56 AM

Jeff I feel your pain. I found out tuesday that a buck I had been hunting for 2 years was shot opening day on the farm I have permission to hunt on. I was saddened by that news since I put in a lot of time and effort on stand to get an opportunity to take him. But the thing that bugs me about it was it was taken by a guy who comes to the farm only 1 day a year[:@] While I hunt there almost every day during archery season and a good part of rifle season. Oh well I guess there will be others. I even named him this year. Oh well I hope both "OUR" Deer are tough and give the guys who got them the runs.[8D][8D]
Old 12-01-2006, 09:57 AM

I had someone shoot "my deer" once. This person, who will remain unidentified, came out to my stand to pay me a little visit. As he was walking away, I saw a deer. This person saw me aim, so he came back...and proceeded to tell me how to shoot. I shot the deer and it tumbled down the hill. It got up and started walking slowly with it's head down. This person then shot my deer through the hind quarters. I tell ya, there's nothing like someone walking right out to your stand, and shooting the deer that you just shot. I still love him though.

Quick Reply: Kid shot "my" deer......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.