HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Disturbing sign
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 10:47 AM
FOP23
Fork Horn

Default Disturbing sign

I was driving home yesterday after the opening day of PA rifle season. As I'm traveling through a Pittsburgh suburb, I see a digital sign in front of a construction company that says "Good Luck Hunters", the signed changed "Hunt Safe" and it changed a third time "Hunt Sober". As I continued driving, the overall content of the sign began to upset me. I'm sure the intentions were genuine, but the "hunt Sober" portion upset me as a hunter. I value my time afield so much that I would never think of drinking prior to going out hunting. I respect myself and the game too much for that. I believe a sign such as this implying that intoxicatedhunters with high powered rifles are out there just fuels the fire for the anti-hunting groups. I plan on contacting the company today and voicing my disapproval at their display.

however, while checking the northeast forum, I did see a photo from yesterday of a hunter with an eight point buck in one hand and a Bud Light in the other. Three guys in the back of the photo all holding beers, could the content of thesign be that far off, any comments?