HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nailed by the Game Warden
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
chiefks

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

dohcrxl... Lying is what got you into trouble in the first place. Well part of why you got into trouble. Lying to your wife and trying to find a way to pay your buddy back is only going to make things worse. Lying is NOT the answer. I would go along with what your wife and friend think on this matter. You know you were wrong and have admitted that. Don't make the situation become worse than it is. Maybe you should talk to your wife about paying half the fine and telling her why you want to pay half it.

Few years ago, my cousin borrowed my 2 man scamp to go fishing in the fall. He loaded up and went by himself to a small body of water just 3 miles from the house. Little while later I jumped on my 4 wheeler and rode over to check on him, see if he was catching anything. Parked the ATV next to his truck, and walked around to where he was fishing. He had caught and released a few bass, was about done fishing for the day. So he picked me in the boat and I rode over to the boat ramp with him, figured I'd save myself some walking since I am disabled due to lung issues. We had almost made it to the ramp when the game warden pulled up. I was not fishing, had no gear to fish, but did have my license to fish. Only trouble was, my cousin didn't throw the life jackets in the boat. Boat was in my name, I got written the ticket. Pissed me off. I felt like my cousin should pay the fine. Bottom line is and was, that I was guilty also. I was in the boat without life jackets. My cousin didn't offer to pay a single dime. If the boat would have been in his name, he would have got the ticket.

I used to have a friend that does the same thing as your friend did. He shot a doe when bow hunting with a friend of mine, didn't want to use his buck tag on it. Wouldn't let my friend put his doe tag on it. In short he poached a deer. I won't hunt with him, and neither will my friend who was with him that night. The friend who poached that deer, can't seem to figure out why no one will hunt with him... HE hasn't poached any more deer that I know of, but I do know he's still not playing by the rules. Hunting without tags ect... This kind of sounds like something your friend would do. I'd quit hunting with him before you get into any more trouble.