HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nailed by the Game Warden
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 07:17 PM
dohcrxl

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

Thank you BelchFire, you are one of the many who gave what I asked.

Now... this is where it gets to be even more of a question of character: My buddy offered to pay for the fine soon as he got his tax return. Although many here feel he's the one who got me into trouble and should pay my fine, I feel I sealed the deal when I stuck up for him. Therefore, I feel I should pay the fine. But there's more... my wife is right along side those people mentionedbecause she feels he shouldn't have put me ina situation where I had to stick up for him. And because I tried to stick up for him, he should pay for whatever sticking up for him cost. In review, my wife and my buddy both feel that he should pay the fine.

I on the other hand, am a man of different principle. I would like toseemingly let him pay for the fine upfront then secretly pay him back; He has enough stuff to worry about. The problems with thisare that

1) he may not go for the idea

2) even if he does, I'd have a hell of a time trying to hide $288.00 from the wife.

Now I have yet another issue of lying to the woman I love and mother of my child. First I had to choose between my buddy and the Warden. Now I have to choose between my principle and my wife. And nope, there's absolutely no way of finding a peaceful resolve by way of convincing my wife to let me pay for the fine. The only way is to somehow earn money outside of my job and pay my buddy back in secret thus betraying a marriage vow. Whatever I choose I still lose and it all started with one lie to protect someone I cared about.

I feel I should just pay my buddy back in secret but OMG there would be hell if the secret should ever surface somehow. My marriage would never be the same. Even if it never surfaced I'd still be guilt stricken everyday knowing I'm keeping a secret from my wife. This is getting ridiculous. Any suggestions?

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

p.s. for whoever wants to say "you wont get no sympathy from me so in your face", that's fine. It's already very much in my face and I don't need your sympathy. If it makes you feel better about yourself as a person to say such things then please feel welcome tolet the forum know who you are. Who I am is someone trying to own up to my responsibility. For anyonewho has a possibly workable suggestion and wants to help (not that I deserve it) I'm listening with gratitude.

Thank you.