HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nailed by the Game Warden
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 06:56 PM
MichaelT.

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

ORIGINAL: muley69
This post right here is exactly whats wrong with this country today. No, you shouldn't consider yourself lucky, you should be outraged that any government agency can confinscate private property for something as trivial as a buddy not having a license. Wardens are some of the most outlandish people in law enforcement. You are under no obligation to say anything to the warden and did good by not being a freakin rat, which is even lower then hunting w/o a license. Too many people are willing to sell there neighbor out to the feds etc.
[/quote]

Facing no penalty would make it legal junior, if you lack the intellectual capacity to understand the crux of my post, don't waste my time arguing moot points. Join the rest of the lemmings in feeling it's alright to lose private proprty via government confinscation over trivial matters. Now go drink some kool-aid and study your history

I am not proposing some vast gov conspiracy as one idiot suggested. I am talking about having the mentallity that one is fortunate the did not lose private property for commiting a simple crime. It's about ridiculous over reaching law enforcement that everybody should be concerned with. You should not go to jail for poaching a freakin deer, you should not have your truck confinscated because your buddy didn't have a license, and it's alarming that you people seem ok with this.

Muley69 all this above is quoted of you. And excuse me sir, but I am far from being an idiot, and a test of intellect is something you should not wish for in this instance.

Now if you read the quotes from yourself above, you will see where your constant rant is the idea that we are ok with someone losing their personal property over a minor infraction. Well , sir, just who are you to decide what is minor? Perhaps many here consider that a major infraction. Or how about this train of thought, if the citation only was a fine of 50.00, then how many morepeople would try to get away with it. Perhaps the cost is designed to act as a deterrant. I can define that word if you need me to. And finally sir, if you do not commit that crime or any other that might result in the same deterrant type of cost, then sir you will be allowed to keep your truck and gun and whatever else you may have in your posession. If you cherish your posessions , stay on the right side of the law, because what YOU consider to be minor does not matter.

Also Muley69, he never faced the loss of his truck, and noone said that that is applicable in this situation, soooooo where you are getting this I cannot begin to imagine. Also, the gov. conspiracy theory stuff I mentioned is about people who believe the gov. is out to take property from people for no good reason. That gov. is inherently bad, and that is what was coming throughin those posts. If that is not what you were intending, then I apologize for reading and taking your post literaly.

Signed,

The idiot..... How laughable. Sir, you are funny.

God bless

Wolfhound76

Point taken, although I offer that I never said that they are all good, just as I don't believe that they are all bad. But , yes, there are bad apples in every group of people, workers, agencies, or government bodies. And those need to be ferreted out and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, just as those were that they offended.

Thanks

God Bless