HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nailed by the Game Warden
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Germ
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

ORIGINAL: dohcrxl

Thanks guys for reaffirming and bringing into light what could've happened but didn't. My buddy's stand and bow were confiscated while I was allowed to take mine home. My priviliages were not taken away and that is the one thing I am most thankful for. I don't even want to imagine how miserable I'd be without bowhunting. It is what I live for.Never again will I even allow anyone and their equiptment in my car unless I know for sure they are legit. Never again will I try to cover for someone. This is a first and last.

As for what I allowed to happen though I kept insisting against it, I'm just a push over for a friend. I valued his friendship so much so that I didn't put my foot down. I'm not the type to dictate what people should do. As they are responsible for doing what they do, I am also for standing back and letting it happen.

I didn't think that merely being with him carried a violation but now I know. I also know or at least can imaginethat thecharge of "party to a violation" is far less severe than "obstructing a LEO" which I could've gotten.Expensive lesson learned.
Well I think we all have learned something!! Tell your friend to pay the fine[8D]