HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question on my lion hounds
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 01:03 AM
charlie brown
Nontypical Buck

Default Question on my lion hounds

I posted this same question on another site I go to, and figured I would post it here also to generate some other responses.

Well, I went bird hunting with my friend this weekend. Yesterday morning before I came home, we went for a quick little drive, and I left my dogs in the dog box on my trailer at his house. We got home and I decided to let the dogs out so they could stretch their legs. Not two minutes after letting them out, my 9 month old pup starts barking treed at a little tom-kitten my friend has running around (treed in a fenderwell of their jeep). The mom soon joined in, but the dad didn't seem to be in it. He was kind of sulking, and just walking around. I wasn't sure what the deal was, so I just loaded them up and we came home.

Well, today, the dogs were barking, so I opened up the back door to take a peek. No sooner than I did that, did the same dog look exactly the same, and sulk back into his doghouse.

I am thinking that he somehow things if he barks at all he will be in trouble? I do yell at the dogs if they bark too much, I am guessing I just yelled at him too much?

Not sure what I can do about this. He trailed ok last winter on the tracks we found, but never got anything treed. Is there a cure for this other than a bullet (already have used that on that pups littermate this year)?

Thanks guys