HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - GHILLE SUITS AND GROUND HUNTING?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 12:55 PM
moondance1

Default RE: GHILLE SUITS AND GROUND HUNTING?

hey guys just to let you know how effective a ghillie suit can be ..i will give you an example as a sniper myself with the corps we were on field missions doing stalk and hide tactics against friendly enemies.....actually we split up into different groups and played bad guys ....well to give you a short run down of the story it was my turn to exit the bird [helicopter] and start a patrol heading north well about half a mile into it and in some pretty open terrain i felt something hit my leg ....as i looked down guess what was in between my legs ....a 50 caliber sniper rifle and the sniper ...he said i got you and i just about crapped my pants ....i thought i was good ..i didnt even know he was there it was all due to the ghillie suit ..i nkow because i helped him make it the week earlier ...if they can fool a sniper i am sure i can fool a whitetail...however the only thing with a homemade military style ghillie is it is impossible to get the smell out of the burlap ihave tried everything but you can still smell burlap..thanks guys