HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dead Deer Running...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2002, 09:40 AM
TxBowman
Spike

Default Dead Deer Running...

I was in my tree stand over looking a swamp bed. This nice 170 lbs. spike walked out into the opening about 150 yards in front of me. He slowly worked his way towards my position. At about 16 yards he turned broadside to my stand. I drew back my trusty Hoyt and let the arrow fly. The spike sprinted off about 50 yards, stopped, turned around to look at me. I glanced over to my left and saw the arrow sticking perfectly straight into the ground. I instantly started to question myself on how I could of missed... I use back tention release and thought maybe I should of just pulled the trigger. Well after a few seconds I looked back over at the Deer to see if he might be thinking of returning. Just then he fell over sideways like someone "Cow Tipped" him. He didn't move an inch after he hit the ground.

Once I got him up at the cleaning house, I picked up his heart and it had a perfect "Star" pattern through the middle of it. My fixed blade muzzy 100 had made a perfect pass-through. The Deer was dead and didn't even know it. It was the best shot I've ever made on a Whitetail Gun or Bow.

Be Good!

TxBowman