HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - jim edgar park or siloam springs park
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 09:05 PM
cdtc33

Default RE: jim edgar park or siloam springs park

We stayed at the camp ground in one of the cabins. Its alittle cramped but it is close. I spent several days hunting on the bike path behind the main office. I agree with you the wind and heat certainly put a damper on deer movement. I hunted a few days at the lake before you get to the main office (not the big lake) There was a power line that ran through a harvested bean field and a green wheet field off to the side. I walked all the way to the back of the bean fieldand slipped of to the left. At the bottom of the rise there is a crp field. The area is a convergence of hardwoods, crp and a thicket. I could kick my self for not hunting it all week. But I was wanting to learn more about the park and it cost me.There was a lot of sign and it was pretty easy to slip in and out undatected. If you go back I would deffinently check it out. I I like jesp but it is 12 hrs. from home (East TN) That makes it almost imposible to hunt on a long weekend. Im a teacher and coach so I only am able to take 3 personal days a year. I put those days with a Fri. and a Mon. and was able to get 6 full days. Summers are great but Im not in to golf and its too hot to fish. I sure do wish bucks rutted in July. I appreciate your info and if you have any questions I would be glad to help. Good luck