HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I am so psyched, Im losing sleep!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Phade
Typical Buck

Default RE: I am so psyched, Im losing sleep!

Honestly, the biggest simple tip is to set up your gear, ready to go the night before. By that I mean, have everything planned to keep your prep time short.

I typically set out what I need in my scent free totes, and all I do after a morning breakfsat, which is a must on opening morning, is pop open the tote for my clothes. After clean, Igrab the other one, and put it in the truck, and I'm off. It saves a bunch of time in the A.M.

One of my biggest traditions, is fairly simple in process and meaning but it is something I do every hunt, I really stress it on the opening morning of shotgun. Once out of the truck and ready to go, I step into my field on my way into the woods, which is a few hundred yards off the road.

At that point I simply stop, and spend one minute there quiet. I take the cleanest, freshest, deepest breaths of air I've ever enjoyed. I look at the darkness, stars, moon, etc. It's extremely relaxing, and gets me into the perfect mindset as to why exactly I go through all this madness. Then...game on!