HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Lock B. S.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 AM
isatarak
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Lock B. S.

I have some of the Scent Blocker stuff and some Scent Loc.

I don't use it all the time. I never use it in early season because the temps are too high and I don't want to sweat in the stand any more than I have to. I think I have been winded once that I know of this year. It was in a stand that is difficult because there is a ridge just off to the side of me that causes the air to swirl and the deer come from all directions. The deer I've killed this year wouldn't have winded me because the wind was in my favor. I have been winded using this stuff and other times I haven't been winded not using it when I was sure I would be winded. I think the conditions such as whether the temp is high or low, getting hotter or colder, wind direction, speed, or whether the wind direction is variable has more to do with it than what kind of clothes we have on. I take all the precautions I feel reasonable to minimize scent and consider the wind direction when choosing which stand to hunt.

My opinion is that everything helps some, nothing works all the time, sometimes we win, sometimes the deer win. That's what makes it fun.

My opinion on the scent suits is that it helps...a little.