HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thompson Contender!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 09:14 AM
pipecrew
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thompson Contender!!!

I have an original Encore muzzleloader which I love. It all depends on what you want to hunt with it. All 3 are great guns. The Contender is somewhat limited as to rifle barrels for it. I'm not sure how many calibers they offer in the G2. The Encore offers the widest range in calibers for both pistol and rifle barrels. I bought mine from a friend for a good price as a muzzleloader. I am very happy with it. Then I got a 30-06 pistol barrel for it. Then I got a good deal on a 308 Encore pistol. I recently traded for a 28" ProHunter barrel in 243 which I haven't had a chance to try yet. Once you get one, you want to get more barrels for them!! They are a lot of fun, and great shooters. I only hunt deer in NY so I could just get away with one barrel for it, the muzzleloader barrel. But that wouldn't be any fun would it?? I have killed 2 deer with the muzzleloader barrel and one with the 308 pistol. I hope to ad to that next week when the Southern tier regular season opens next weekend. I don't even bring my 11-87 anymore. I'd rather have the range and accuracy of my muzzleloader than 5 slugs out of a shotgun.
Whatever one you choose I'm sure you will be happy with it. T/C makes great guns that are extremely accurate. They carry a lifetime warranty as well so there's nothing to worry about.

Mike