HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you guys do it???!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 07:37 AM
MichaelT.

Default RE: How do you guys do it???!!!!

Well, I hunt on a lease, but if you are on public land this might not be in your best interest. But I take eveything I need to my hunting spot the evening before I plan on hunting.

You need to know where your decoy will be placed. Go ahead and place the decoy stakes in the ground and put some engineering tape on the stakes to mark them.

Place your stand on the tree, and get the stand all set. I am assuming itis a climber, so go up the tree to the height you will hunt from. get the camera arm mounted and set. Put up a hook to hang the horns from. Do all the little things like that, and get the gear in place. Put anything you can in its place. And leave it there over night.

The next morning when you walk in all you will have is your pack , your bow, and the decoy. The video camera should be in your pack. When you get to your area, find the engineering tape and place the decoy. Go up the tree and place the camera, and you are ready to hunt.

Leave it like this until you need to change locations, and set up the same way the evening before at the new location.

Good luck