HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - homemade targets
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 08:40 PM
sd_buckeye
Spike

Default RE: homemade targets

I have made three targets for my 70# matthews bow to shoot at. One was in an old potato(burlap) sack, and I stuffed it full of paper. you could anything, newspaper, saran wrap, grocery bags, whatever it may be just make sure its smashed together like crazy. I used a ratchet strap to keep mine soid, and it worked great! It would stop arrows from my bow at 10 yards, and they were simple to pull out. But then the sad day came and the sack wore out...

So, I had my mother sew a piece of tyvek(the stuff used to rap the exteriors of houses in) into a sack, this stuff is really strong and almost rip resistant. I did the same thing and stuffed it full, except this time Iused a thick piece of string to sew itup nice and tight.

I also made one that is out of cardboard, and inside it, more cardboard... It'sreally easy to makeI just keptdropping inthe cardboard till the box was full. ButI don't use it unlessI'mpracticing at 40yds or more,because it is apain in the behind to pull the arrows out of!

Our local archery club uses big ole tyvek bags(like 4'x4'x4') and they have local grocery stores and beverage places throw the saran wrap used to package things in the bag, andwhen it's full they tie it up and set itup at the course, it works great! they are so easy to pull out.

I'll post some pics of my targets tommorrow.