HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you guys do it???!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Angus74

Default How do you guys do it???!!!!

I have to ask,,, to all the guys who spend time rattling and decoying during the prerut, I love rattling and have had a Carry Lite decoy for three year now, and havent used it a lot, but a little. This morning, it was a good morning cold clear and calm. I wanted to rattle and use my decoy in a good funnel area where I see lots of activity. I took my decoy to the woods a week ago and hid it in brush and covered it with leaves near the area, so I get there, and dig out my decoy, put it together in the dark, sounding like I was beating a big plastic drum,,so noisy!! I get it together, put it on my shoulder,, then my rattling horn com untied from one another, I put it all back down, tie them back,, pick it all back up, decoy, backpack, decoy stakes, decoy antlers, bow, rattling horn,, and the horns come untied again[:@]. After putting it all down again, and tying about 5 knots, I pick it all up again, and start toward my stand which I had to take in last night so I could pack in everything else this morning,lol. I finally get there and set up the decoy, climb into the stand about 15 minutes after daylight, and didnt even feel like trying to wrestle with the video camera and camera mount!! I was so pissed and worn out, I didnt even want to hunt when I got there. I have decided to not even use the decoy anymore unless I have someone along to video, and help carry stuff, and Ive decided rattling horn are the biggest pain in the butt to carry and keep quiet, I have dropped them out of the tree and banged them on the stand so much I dont hardly think they are worth the one or two buck I rattle in each year.Sorry for the long post I just wanted to whine a little, what do you suys do with all the stuff?? Do rattle bags work as well as real horns? Should I quit worrying about trying to get hunts on video, and just hunt? I really enjoy videoing hunts, but dont have double stand sets to take a cameraman along all the time. Id really like to rattle more and get some use out of the decoy, but it is all so much of a pain to deal with, it makes the hunt work.. Thanks for taking the time to read. Angus