HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - deer call ??????????
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:19 PM
RDHunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: deer call ??????????

When using the True Talker , place your index finger on one of the bands and press lightly then blow or puff thru the tube softly three short times .
This sound mimicks a social call of deer , the four bands on the tube will make diffrent sounds and the morepressure you place on them the deeper the sound will be.
The first band is used for a fawn bleat or blat the second is for a doe , the third is for a young buck and the fourth is an old buck.
I've been using the True Talker for alot of years now and I have practiced alot with it , my hunting friends tell I'm pretty good at calling in deer .
The sounds you wanna make with this product are very close to what you been hearing in the real deer woods.
When calling for a big buck especially in the pre rut or full rut is a doe bleat , put your finger on the second band and press lightly the puff or blow three short times.
It should sound like a sheep going BAAAH BAAAH BAAAH only a little bit higher pitched , that is the sound of a doe in estorus.
Or you could try to entice an older buck by using the third band ( young buck ) again press the band lightly and blow or puff three short times , it should sound like someone burping ( BURRP BURRP BURRP ) remember the more pressure you apply to the band the deeper the sound will be.
The more you practice with your True Talker the better you'll get , good luck to ya and have a safe / secussful hunt.