HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should I stay or should I go?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 07:45 AM
kill_it_n_grill_it
Nontypical Buck

Default Should I stay or should I go?

This year I have acquired a few new places to hunt along with my parents land that I have hunted for the last few years. One place is for hunting pheasants, ducks, and geese, and the other is for deer hunting. The deer hunting spot has a few hollows of trees with a creek line running through them both, and sits on 40 acres of land which is mostly corn. When I went to put up my ladder stand a few weeks ago, I saw a large 8 in the hollow that I was setting up in. I hunted that spot twice and have only seen 1 deer which was a small 4. This guy who owns the land comes into work today and tells me that his neighbor shot the big 8. He also said that this guy said that he sees most of the deer in or around the hollow of trees that I am not hunting in and that I would have better luck over there. The neighbor is done hunting for the season, but he said that he saw a huge 14 point out there the day after he shot the 8 when he was out in the field doing a few things. Now I dont know if I should trust this guy or not. I dont know him at all, and dont know what kind of a person he is. I want to move my stand over there but I'm not sure if I will be wasting my time. Should I say in the same place, or move to the other spot? All of the corn is still up on this 40. What do you guys/gals think?