HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Boy did I mess up...,
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 06:24 PM
PA.JAY

Default RE: Boy did I mess up...,

heres one for ya ! last night new spot I walk out of this ladys back yard BAM 5 trails all leading to her yard ! so I pick a tree right their almost in her yard ! see she tells me the story about this buck that went on her porch to steel peaches ! then she shows me this OLD glider you know them old metal ones this buck when he bent down to get a peach his rack got caught in the glider HE PULLED IT 30 YARDS BEFORE IT CAME LOOSE ! i seen the glider it's all bent up i ask her how big was the rack ? being a old sweet lady she put both hands about a foot & a half from each side of her head ! i said wow thinking ya sure.
well i made the mistake of leaving the scent pads on my boots up in the stand seen 13 doe 2 button bucks none of them seen or winded me UNTIL a old doe walked up her head went up she stomped whisled we was in a stair down for 12 minutes my brother timmed it ! I was busted but they all stayed their they did'nt beleive her maybe ? any how i heard more deer about 40 yards away i seen rack she whisled again he turned away from us gone.
I have never seen so many deer in one place ! we got out of our stands MORE deer was moving in ! four different deer was snorting & whisling at us to leave the woods ! ya i messed up also but man it was the most fun i ever had hunting !!!