HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to waterfowling...need help
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Walters85

Default New to waterfowling...need help

Hey everyone!

I am relatively new to waterfowling this year. I recently got13 full body goose decoys from a friend and went good hunting the 14th of Oct. and was lucky enough to take a goose. My calling wasnt the best but i still brought them in and missed quite a few times though. I also recently bought a motorized wing duck decoy along with a dozen mallard decoys.

I will be field hunting for both geese and ducks and i was hoping you guys could helphe out withsome pointers so that i may be successful. I will be sitting in a fence line for by blind in a cut corn field. I would like to know how i should set up my spreads for the ducks and geese. And i read that geese are scared of motorized decoys so i havent used it when i have been goose hunting. Is this true? What are good calling techniques to lure in ducks and geese when i see them? Please offer up any other advice that may be helpful for me. As of right now, my budget doesnt allow me to purchase any other hunting things due to that damn college tuition Thanks for your help!