HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Are Your Tag Limits and Do You Fill Them
Old 10-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Tigerfan

Default RE: What Are Your Tag Limits and Do You Fill Them

In Louisiana we can harvest 6 deer per year unless you hunt on property that has been issued Doe tags (you have to participate in a management program). No more than 3 bucks and 3 does. If you have doe tags you can shoot as many does as you can pull the trigger on (literaly). You can harvest 1 buck and 1 doe per day and the season starts Oct 1 and runs through Jan 31 4 1/2 weeks of Bow, 2 weeks of Muzzleloader and the rest is Rifle. I have yet to harvest 6 deer in 1 season in 20 years of hunting. The most I have ever shot in 1 season was 5 (all does) and that was year before last. Last year I harvested 1. I see plenty of deer every year and could harvest 6 or more every year. I am not a big buck hunter but, I will not shoot a buck unless he will go on my wall. I am just as happy to shoot a doe as I am to shoot a buck. I see no reason to shoot a 1.5 year old buck or a 2 1/2 old buck. I would much rather shoot a 3.5 and older buck and the more young bucks you let walk the more older bucks you have roaming around.