HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Are Your Tag Limits and Do You Fill Them
Old 10-21-2006, 08:20 PM
spur0701

Default What Are Your Tag Limits and Do You Fill Them

I'm just intrested in the different tag limits in different areas of the county and if people are filling them.[/align][/align]I'm in Maryland and we basically have three seasons, bow, muzzle loader, and shotgun (except for the eastern shore and a few counties out west where you can use a rifle)......you can take two antlered deer and 10 anterless deer with each weapon....so that would make the total limit 36......except for the counties around DC and Baltimore and in bewteen those two cities, PG, Montgomery, Howard, etc.....there are no limits at all on anterless deer, as many as you can take.[/align][/align]Having said that I only know one guy that routinly takes about 20. I've only been hunting 4 years, the first year I started late and didn't bow hunt and took 4.......since then I usually take 10 to 12 (the majority go to my wife girl firends). Even with that I think the harvest here has fallen every year since I've been hunting....[/align][/align]...also after taking a buck you have to take two does before you can take anotherbuck......but I hear of guys checking in "ghost" does......so maybe we're not even harvesting the numbers we think we are. I also wonder if people are taking deer and not reporting or checking them, but since we have telephone check in now I don't see why they would do that......[/align]