HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rattling Help?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 04:10 PM
cowboy4513
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rattling Help?

Ok first off i agree with just about everything is said excypt the early rattling before bucks start chasing there is really no purpose because bucks will be curious but the wont come charging in they will take there time circle down wind and bust you.

and like most people you want to kill the biggest or most dominant buck which they will be the first to bed with a doe and wait for them to come into estrus just 3 days ago i happend upon a doe and a 160+ size buck feeding after some rain had just fallen Im just glad i didnt spook them so i know hes still around till she goes into estrus then after the first does come into estrus and you actually see some breeding then is the time to start rattling.

some good techniques to use is rattle for 2-4 minutes then wait for 15-45 minutes and just watch and what I like to do first is i use a doe bleat for about 1 minute then grunt a few times with 2 diffrent calls to simulate 2 diffrent bucks then i rattle like a big ol fight then i wait for awhile and repeat and if its gun season change locations about every 2 sequencescause the deer will figure it out eveuntually

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND HAPPY HUNTING!!!