HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rattling Help?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 10:01 PM
RDHunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rattling Help?

In the early season before pre - rut you don't want to rattle too loud or too long .
If your using real shed antlers thats better but if your using a rattle bag theres really nothing wrong with it , its just that most bags have wooden dowles and they really don't sound real.
Any way to answer your question : early season start lightand soft , try to sound like two young bucks sparring and keep it short like about two to three minutes or so.
Pre - rut season is when you want to get a little more intense with your rattling , make it sound like an all out brawl slaming the antlers or bag as loud as you can.
When doing this be prepaird to do the distance , you might have to rattle your butt off for about five to seven minutes or longer.
In my past experence I have found that its easyer when your in a ground blind , reason for that is you can stomp and scrape the ground and if you have athick bushnear by you can rake the brush.
When your in a treestand , you can rub the tree with your bag and stomp on your platform but itwon't sound the same.
I hope this answers your question and I hope it helps in your sucess , good luck and have a safe season.