HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what would you do??
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 06:52 PM
bowtechpatriot1
Spike

Default what would you do??

so a few days ago a got lucky and got permission to hunt a 100 acre parcel of land that has really recieved no hunting pressure in atleast 25 years. The layout is basically two old farmers feilds that have just gone wild. there is scattered clumbs of bushes and a few small trees, seperating the two feilds is a thin tree line with many mature trees. north side is a thin woods maybe 150 yards wide which they own up to the tree line, south side is the same. Now on the east side is a development with a very thin tree line. Now my question. there is NO climbing trees and everytime i have sat on the ground i get pinned, or smelled. i dont consider my self a bad hunter and take every precaution i can but always get spotted. So i want to get in the trees but there is no climbing trees. so a hang on is next. well i have no idea where the dear com from or were they go, all i know is that there are some really nice ones. so is thereany way to go portable with a hang on, without going through the whole process of screw in steps to find out your not in a good spot and disturb everything, so i thought about them strap on ladders, but was talked out of them saying they are a pain in the but and not worth it. so sorry for rambling but what would be your suggestions.

[/align]