HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Compound Bow Do You Use & Why?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
MichaelT.

Default RE: What Compound Bow Do You Use & Why?

I shoot a PSE Firestorm Lite. You can see my stuff at the bottom of my post. I shoot this bow, because of a few reasons. I bought it from a manager of a bow shop by where I work who had been shooting it for three months and was swapping to bowtech. He had a lot of equipment on it and gave it all to me for 300.00. I had shot it and I really liked the compactness of it, 30" ATA. When I have thought about all of the new bows out there, I look at mine and I see a very reliable bow ( had it for 4 years without a single problem ) , that I don't have an arm and leg in. I see a bow that shoots as fast as a lot if not most bows just coming out today, it's rated 300 IBO. But yes there are several that are faster out there. And the bow I owned before was a PSE also. Never had any trouble with it either. NEVER.

But probably most importantly, I knew that the bow could shoot better than me. Meaning, that until I practiced and got better and better, and could shoot up to the ability of the bow, then I did not need a better bow.

( Mind you I have bow hunted since about 1990. I had a short layoff in there, about 4 years, when All of my hunting and fishing stuff was taken in a robbery, with no insurance to replace it. It took a while. )

But when I improved, I knew I could go then and buy something better if I wanted to. But if I bought the best right off the bat, when I could not do it justice, I felt I would be spinning my wheels. Wasting money, and still want a new bow when I got better. So I would be spending big bucks 2 x instead of 1 x.

And although I had previously had no plans to upgrade soon, I just changed my mind when I happen to see a post a few minutes ago,with a pic of a new 2007 bowtech coming out, and it appears that bow will be my demise. Cause I'm gonna buy one, and the wife is gonna kill me.