HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - chessie or lab?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 PM
cascadedad

Default RE: chessie or lab?

ORIGINAL: Doc E

ORIGINAL: cascadedad

1. Doc and Swamp, I think you both are a little over the edge with your claims.

2. Doc, how many labs do you think there are in this country and how many chessies do you think there are? Nobody knows the real numbers. I am sure the AKC has some numbers of dogs that are registered with them, but those numbers mean nothing.

3. Swamp, You are greatly overstating the aggressiveness of the Chessies. To say 95% should be police dogs, come on. Besides, everyone knows the Chessies aren't smart enough to be police dogs.
1. I can back up my statements with facts...........I'll guarantee you that Swamp can't.

2. I can only go by what is published (in peer reviewed research journals).

3. Swamp don't know nuthin.

Doc, your statement may very well be fact, but that in itself doesn't mean a whole lot.

In a quick search, I found that in 2004, the Lab was the most popular breed, with 146,692 registered with the AKC. Golden Retriever was second with 52,550. At number 10 was Chihuahua with 24,850. I assume Chessies are way down the list from that.

These are only dogs that were registered. Factor in all the ones that aren't and the mixes with labs and it is no wonder that they have more bites per year than any other dog.

Can't we do without calling people stupid?