HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cva bobcat
Thread: cva bobcat
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Pittsburghunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: cva bobcat

Triple Se7en is about right it will shoot most everything out there but I would stay away from the sabots because even though you can get them to shoot in it there is a lot of work finding loads for them. Some easy loads to get started with are from my own experiences not from a book so take them with a grain of salt.

1- Roundball, an exellent choice for targets or deer sized game at ranges less than 100yds and this rifle will shoot them fine. keep loads under 90g for FFF powder and 100g max for FF. Goex and Triple Se7en are the only powders I use in this rifle.

2- Conicals, keep to the lighter side with this rifle because of the 48 twist and the amount of powder chucking the thing down range. For the sake of this post I will include the Powerbelt as conicals as they are full bore and ballistically simular.

I use 320g bullets max and powder between 85g and 95g. that is with both FF and FFF. FFF Goex (real black powder) I limit to 90g. exellet results with these loads.

If you can find 300g balletts like the ones made by Traditions they shoot exceptionally well in this rifle.

One final note this gun is built with traditional sights with no adjustment for vertical placement and if it shoots low your only option is filing down the front sight which needs to be done with care by someone who knows what they are doing. Good luck with the rifle.