HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T C Encore hunting pistols
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 04:55 PM
MichaelT.

Default RE: T C Encore hunting pistols

Well, I just had a flash back to a magazine ad I have seen, where someone is loading a 30 -30 with tipped bullets. I may have to do a search. With what you all have said, I might need to rethink. Now one thing I can set aside is the reloading. I don't reload. So anything I did would be factory loads.

I did find a used savage striker today in 308. The gun has a simmons 2 x 20 on it and they wanted 350 out the door. I was not super impressed with it though. I like the TC build and style better.Seeing the savagereminds me of the old rem. xp-100. Left handed bolt throw is a problem. I am about as left handed as I am a circus clown. I think that is why I lean to the TC.

I did check on the encore though. I can do the stainless with rubber for 550. I know I can do a G2 for about 100. less. If the 30-30 specs can pull the weight, it might be my best option. I will say that if I look it up for specs, there should not be much of a disparity with what is written for it. In the old 336 I think it had an 18 inch barrell. And in the tc it would be a 14 or 15 inch.

I appreciate everyones input. You gave me something to chew on for a bit. I need to find out about those tippedbullets and who is loading them, and what their specs are now.

Thanks guys. I'll holler back when I get a better idea of whats going on and tell ya where I'm headed.

God Bless