HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - And another state has done it right.....Minnesota
Old 10-15-2006, 04:00 PM
roundball

Default RE: And another state has done it right.....Minnesota

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Roundball - (not to single you out)

While many traditionalists feel muzzleloader hunters should take the time and effort to learn the skills of their forefathers, master black powder, sidelocks, roundball, etc.. many people lack the time or the willingness to do so.
And I take no direct focus on you either Cayugad...just discussing a couple of points...and the one above is an excellent point.

That's why those hunters you're referring toare already blessed to have a regular firearms deer season available where they don't have to expend any extra energy or time to learn/prepare for anythingnew...they can just grab the same scoped high performance .30-06 rifle they used last year and go hunting, put it back in the rack when they're done...usually don't even have to clean it thanksto non-corrosive smokeless powder...millions of hunters live that scenarioevery year.

So it begs the question...why indeed then do these hunters you refer to...who don't have the time or willingness to learntraditional ways (your words, not mine) insist on hunting in the traditional seasons with as modern a looking / operating, big scoped high performance rifle that money can buy?

They're obviously not doing it in the traditional way, sothere can only be one answer:

"To take advantage of a specialdeer season to increase their odds of killing a deer...and again, doing so without putting forthany effort to learn and master anything.....just to sit there for an extra amount of time (time that they didn't have in the first place to learn traditional mind you)with a long range scopeand long range flat shooting modern high performance rifle that simply happens to load from the front so itgets themaround the old previously established language for traditional seasons".

From a selfish point of view, no matter what somebody elses uses isn't going to interfere one iota with my particular good fortune of havinggood deer densities,a good place to hunt them undisturbedwith myFlintlock & PRBs, and good odds of filling all sixtags every year.

But there are right and wrong aspectsofissues in all societies, and IMO, this is one of those issues, that's all I'm saying...