HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - And another state has done it right.....Minnesota
Old 10-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Wolfhound76

Default RE: And another state has done it right.....Minnesota

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

ORIGINAL: Wolfhound76

If that's the case you can get rid of every gunpowder known to man.
Really unneccessary and not worthwhile to post all that stuff.

YOU KNOW exactly what I mean - when you read my reply. I don't need a twist of wordings here to identify the differences betweensmokeless powder and blackpowdersmokeless powder.

You wasted your valuable time posting all that. Rifles like the Savage ML-10 cross the line of this fine sport. That's why Wildlife/DNR agencies are finally opening up their eyes. Those Savages should only be allowed in centerfire zones. Keep them out of shotgun zones during regualr firearms seasons too.
So that's why theywere most recently legalized in Illinois and Virginia?

And yes I knew what you meant but I put it that way to prove a point. Legislators do stuff like that all the time. Making smokeless powders illegal makes all the subs illegal unless the further specify which smokeless powders. It's like the assault weapons ban they keep trying to push on us in Illinois. Not only would guns like the AK-47 be banned with that, 50 cal and larger muzzleloaders, shotguns guns 28 ga. and bigger, and every militaryweaponsupplier in state would have to leave Illinois to continue manufacturing the weapons for our military.

The point is that laws may be intended to mean one thing but litterally mean another. The second amendment is a good example. Depending on who you talk to it can mean 2 things. One that it is an individual right, another that it is a collective right.

That's why groups that try to legislate issues can have it backfire. Minnesota's new law depending on how it's written can eliminate all powders but blackpowder. It may not be intended that way, but a good prosecutor can make it stick. It also gives CO's another way toticket an otherwiselaw abiding hunter if they want to write tickets.

CO: "What powder you using?"
Hunter: "Triple seven."
CO: "Well I gotta write you a ticket. Triple seven is a smokeless powder according to the DOT which classifies these things."
Hunter: "But it's not smokeless powder!"
CO: "Yeah it is. The law bans smokeless powder and triple seven is classified as such by the DOT".

Edit because of your edit:

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en
Posters like Cayugad are ignoring the safety reasons when giving Savage ML-10 approval ratings. Why do you think Minnesota banned them Cayugad? Here's one of a few reasons! Because they seriously injured & killed people eating dinner in their kitchens of farmhouses too close to hunting areas where regular muzzleloaders and/or shotguns are allowed.

As folks are getting hurt and/or killed, stategaming boardsare counter-acting to the results. They remain legal in states - UNTIL MORE PEOPLE GET HURT OR DIE. I spent over an hour discussing this subject with a range officer at my nearest gun range. So if goofy Mr. Gander or Cascadedadwants to know where I get my info -- that's where.

Thankfully, Michigan never allowed the Savages right from the beginning of their inception.

I'm done here!
This is a very heated topic & I'm not in the mood to argue about this. If you want a Savage -- buy it! I couldcare-less.
Please post the references for the injuries withinformation that they were caused bySmokeless muzzleloaders. This is the first I've heardof this.