HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - when would u hunt
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Buck Huntin Girl

Default RE: when would u hunt

Sounds just like my set up. I have a strip of woods that I am set up on the edge of, bout 40 yards of woods behind me to the cornfield, beans to the right of me across a set aside field about 150 yards out, creek directly in front of my stand, maybe 5 yards away, corn field about 200 yards to the front of me across the set aside...

It's a crapshoot where I hunt, hubby's taken a deer there every year for 10 years (including the 3 I've taken). Mostly it depends on weather for us, if the winds are calm and temps are chilly/cold, there will be deer. We also only have about 5 acres of wooded lot that we hunt, of course it's situated between three corn fields and the one bean field.

Our philosophy is, if you sit out there every chance you get and for as long as you can afford time, something will walk in front of you at some point. The best luck in hunting is due to the most time spent in the woods. You will geta better feel for the local population as well as "learn" what is out there for you to hunt. You will likely see the same deer more than once, which will help you pattern them.