HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to deer hunting- need help
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 09:16 AM
tschammel
Fork Horn

Default RE: New to deer hunting- need help

I have been lucky to have a father to teach me alot of things about hunting. Although at the same time I learned alot by reading deer hunting magazines and renting/buying videos. Just get every magazine sub. you can and read about peoples experiences/hunting stories, tech stories and just keep reading. You can gain alot of knowlege from doing this.

I noticed that you wrote "It's rainy and misty today and you don't have to work".From my experience over 17 years of hunting, any weather is hunting weather. Expecially rainy misty cold days, I've seen some of my biggest bucks when the weather is rainy misty and cold, it gets the deer up moving. Anything can happen once you get in the woods no matter what the weather, but nothing can happen when your sitting at home watching tv on the couch. A good hunter looks at miserable weather as just another challange and doesn't letitaffect their goal. Most of the midwest is experiencingcoldfront and rainy conditions right now, that means unusually coldweather forOctober and in my book that means unususallyactiveDeer movementfor October. GET OUT THERE!