HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are there tricks to tuning a single cam bow?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:50 AM
vikesfan353
Typical Buck

Default Are there tricks to tuning a single cam bow?

I can't for the life of me seem to paper tune my new bow! I've been shooting and hunting for the better part of 20 years! I have never had a problem with my Bear Whitetail!

I'm still able to shoot good groups at 20 yds (4"), but I can see the arrow is spiraling out of the bow! I'm shooting Martin Mag Catset at 59#, a 27.5"arrow, 2216. I know it's a little overspined, but don't think that should matter too much! The tiller is dead on, and the arrow is square and level to the string! I've tried moving the rest in and out little by little, but nothing seems to correct the problem! Anybody have any tips or coments I would greatly appreciate them!

I'm 99% sure I'm not hitting anything! The cables were close, so I moved them out just a touch to make sure! I've shot about 160 arrows since I bought the bow! I've been trying to tune it since about 70! Ive tried a bunch of stuff!I'm just baffled!! I'm on the verge, of bringinga bow in, for the first time, since 91! I'm pretty sure it's not my form as I can still shoot a 3" group at 35yds with my Bear!

Quick tune 1000

~Vikes