HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DIAL -A-RANGE OR NOT?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 07:24 AM
awshucks
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DIAL -A-RANGE OR NOT?

Hey Sproulman: I've read alot about the dial-a-range. Seems as though they work well if you are using a single aim point sight like a red dot or single xhair rifle scope. There are posts about the rope cockers moving the dial and some w/ regular xbow scopes have considered fixing the dial in one position, via epoxy, ect. There was an excellant post on I think AT, on how to take the thing apart and fix it in one frozen position if you use xbow scopes. It wasn't permanent like epoxy. I found the post it's as follows:
Ok Guys I Shoot a Horton. I have taken the scope off and you can take the rail off under the rail there are two screws attaching the non piviting part to the stock. Remove the back screw and put the piviting part back on. Then put the dial range to where your 20 line works IE 1 or 2. Then take a long screw and put it right through the piviting part into the stock it will lock the Dial range where ever you set it before installing the screw. then just use your multi range and forget the dial range. That seems to be the best solution and it stays solid for ever.. Good luck [/align]__________________
[/align]