HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DIAL -A-RANGE OR NOT?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 09:17 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default DIAL -A-RANGE OR NOT?

i am not good at crossbows sights etc but i am helping sight in crossbows for friends at our sportsmen club..i have always shot recurve and still do.. when i had compound bow,i used only 1 pin..now the scopes i look at are dial-a-range type and most are horton bows at club..i shot at 20,30,40 yards using the different lines in scope,then i used the 20 yd line only and sighted in for 20 yd which was #2 on dial a -range..the 20 yd line is darker also.. i could not believe how accurate i was with the dial adj using only the 20 yd sight..i turned it to#3 which is 30 yds, and shot dead..same with #4 at 40 yds, dead, i mean dead like 1 inch in circle in target..

my question is, i read here that most just use the 20.30 ,40 lines in scope so they dont have to mess with turning the adj to proper no. for the distance..is this way most of you do it or do some of you use the no.for yds and turn it when you see a deer..

i was shocked at how well the horton i sighted in shot off bags at range using the dial-a-range with hunting points which were spitfire 100..