HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to go about asking a land owner to hunt?
Old 11-20-2002, 08:57 PM
Budbowhunter

Default RE: How to go about asking a land owner to hunt?

You might try offering to spend some of your time helping the landowner with the property. Many landowners have jobs and commitments that don't allow much time for improvemants to their land. If you find a good parcel of land and find out who owns it. You may contact them and offer to help repair a fence or offer to plant a food plot. It depends on what the landowner has in mind for the property. If they actively farm it, offer to help drive the grain to the Co-op or something. I used to help a cattle farmer inoculate his new born cows every year and help him keep his fences up so the cattle didn't get into the cornfields. Then when I mentioned that I liked to bowhunt he readily gave me permission to hunt and even told me where he'd seen deer on his property. His was glad to have me take a few out because they were tearing up his corn. You have to spend some time with them and get to know them. Then you become their friend and they trust you not to destroy their property. Then you're the one who's the 'friend' and everone's envious of you.