HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Copper31
Typical Buck

Default RE: ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW

I respectfully have to disagree with this post. I let smaller bucks by but to each his own. Hunting isn't about killing the biggest deer all the time. I have been taking my 6 year old son and it is more rewarding then any deer I have taken.This post will discourage other hunters from sharing their experiences that they may want to share.Lets not put shame on an otherwise great event in someones life. During rifle season I have 4 old guys(70+) that hunt my land, that just enjoy getting out. I would never tell them they could only shoot certain deer. They talk about shooting the biggest deer in the woods every year but they don't. They shoot what ever they feel like. The oldest guy is named Art and he is in his late 80's. Every year he takes a buck, most of the time small,and the other guys always give him crap. Art just always smiles and says "it could be my last and the antlers take to long to cook anyway". It about family or camp traditions. Let people take the deer they want to take as long as it is done legal and etical. Be happy if they are happy.Thats about all I have to say on that. Happy hunting and be proud no matter what.