HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How much pressure = too much pressure?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 09:43 PM
agaucher
Fork Horn

Default How much pressure = too much pressure?

Hey guys,

Heres a readers digest version of my question: I hunt mulies on a acerage approx. 1000 acres in size. Last year atleast one 170 class non typical Mulie was taken from the property. It is private land with little to no public pressure. This year scouting has turned up between one to two 160-180 class mulies. There may or may not be more that inhabit this area. Over the next couple years the preperty will begin to start being developed.

Basically my question is, should I take one of these mulies and not worry about the genetics growing in the area? This evening scouting I saw one of the big bucks, approx 170" with a couple of smaller young bucks. I just dont want to óver shoot' the area they live in.

I dont know if my question is clear or unclear, but if anyone has any advice or experience with a similar situation, post away. Just curious to hear differing opinions and thoughts in regard to other bucks around/harvest pressure.

Thanks in advance