HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So why don't you guys like Mathews?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 06:10 PM
olddogrib

Default RE: So why don't you guys like Mathews?

Well the guys who are honest here have answered your question. Most of that dislike comes from a natural propensity to trash who's "on top of the heap" at the moment. But you have to give credit where it's due and Matt McPherson came out of nowhere and set the industry on its ear. Nobody that I'm aware of in any business has gone from obscurity to industry leader in as short a time. From everything I've read the guy is a Christian and a class act to boot and you have to admire that! Yes, alot of it is marketing savvy. When the other guys were decimating their shooting staffs Mathews was putting bows in the hands of every shooter they could buy and that sells bows. All BS aside, the bottom line is it's all about form and consistency, not the bow. Most pros on the circuit could win tournaments with a broomstick so it is just smart to make the investment to have them in
your "stable". Having said that, I've shot them all and the best bow is the one that feels best to you and the one you can shoot the most accurately. The bow I kept the longest was an MQ1. Just my opinion, but partial credit of Mathews reduced hand shock and vibration is due to wrapping the riser in wood. And Bowtech does the same. It feels great but when you've shot bows as long as I have, you come to realize the most comforable grip is not necessarily the most accurate. The grip on the Hoyt I'm shooting now is as cold and hard as a witch's tit, but I don't torque it and "beauty is as beauty does"!. Shoot what works for you and don't pay any attention to what
anybody says about it. They probably spend more time "chatting" than shooting anyway!