HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PO'd with Yamaha
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Hiawatha

Default PO'd with Yamaha

This spring when i got home from workin in Alberta all winter i thought i would treat myself to a new quad. I picked one up in Calgary and got a pretty good deal on it but was not totally impressed with the service. I had ordered the bike over the phone a month in advance and I told them what accessories i wanted all sounded good. I was to pick the bike up on my way home from Northern Alberta. Well i arrive there and they tell me that i could come back in a week and pick the bike up because they ordered the wrong back skid plate.People i live 10 hours away. I proceeded to let my feelings been known and that they could send the plate to me prepaid. I am loading the quad onto my truck at the dealership and it stalls out. Wouldn't even give me enough fuel to load the thing. Buddy comes out with a gas can and dabs a bit of fuel in it so i can load the thing. I get it home and after 300km i smoke the clutch on it. I got stuck in a bog, sucked in muskeg and burn it out. I was denied warranty because i was told quads were not meant for that type of abuse. Did i buy a quad or a ford focus? When you see yamaha's advertisements on TV they aren't exactly driving in highway ditches. The quads are shown mudding, goin up mountains, over brush etc. So 500 dollars and a chapped ass later i had my bike running again. I had all aluminum skid plates put on the bike because I know how the plastic ones stand up when the temp dips below zero. This was a pricey investment but i felt it was well worth it. Well i was dragging my elk out of the bush 70 yards and never went over any large logs, rocks or anything that would damage a skid plate however the next day i discover that my rear skid plate is cracked and rattling. The thing is maybe a foot square, cost close to 100 dollars and its cracked over nothing? I have had really good luck with yamaha in the past but not this time it seems.