HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow stand set-ups.
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Washington Hunter

Default RE: Bow stand set-ups.

I'm bringing this thread back for two reasons;

A) Its got some excellent information that some members may have missed.
B) I have pictures to include now.

As some of you will remember, I posted a picture I obtained through Google Earth requesting help on locating possible stand sites. I included the stand that I usually hung and requested your thoughts.

This is that picture from Google Earth and pictures of the view from the stand I normally hang.

The red dot is my stand, the yellow dots are where deer generally enter the field. The field is cut alfalfa.

There aretwo main trails visible in the photo. A third is located directly undernieth the small tree towards the center of the photo. Towards the top of the photo you can see an apple tree that always produces fruit. There are several trails down by that tree as well, all leading to the field.

The tree that is sort of blocked by my site is another small apple tree which always produces fruit. One of the three trails runs directly underneith this tree. The two trails located in the previous picture run about five yards in front of my tree, thus you aren't able to view them here in this photo.

The trees farthest away in this picture are on the opposite side of a small draw. Located in the bottom of this draw is a small creek that never dries up. There are numerous trails leading from the opposite side of the draw to this field, most converge at some point with one of the three trails nearest my stand.