HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 08:52 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06

I imagine lisence sales will be down this year and it the future,they'll probably decline some more.I was at a 3-shoot a couple weeks ago and was surprised to see only 4 junior shooters signed up by the time I left.Several years ago,the sheet would have been filled with youngsters.

I've noticeda steady decrease in pressure for the past several years in this part of 2G.Camps are generally empty during deer season but full during bear season and the mosquito creek coyote hunt.I imagine that alot of this has to do with less deer but it also has to doattrition,gas prices and the fact that deer hunting is better in the southern counties.Alot of people don't have the time to travel to camp anymore so they just hunt closer to home.

We just opened 2200 acres for hunting that hasn't been opened since the 1960's.This area averages over 70 dpsm and there's alot of older age class bucks.We started accepting application over a month ago and so far we have about 60 hunters registered.I figured all 120 slots would have been filled in a week.I really though we'd get more interest considering the fact that there isn't another deer within 500 miles of this place.