HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - field point vs. broadhead impact point
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 07:39 AM
huntingson
Nontypical Buck

Default field point vs. broadhead impact point

I have been shooting my Mathews for 5 years, and early this year changed my string and cables out again, retuned it, and resighted it in with field points(which amounted to adjusting my peep sight to the right height and bingo!). For the life of the bow it has been that my field points hit 5 yards shorter than my broadheads. So my 30 yard broadhead pin is on at 25 for field tips. I sighted it in for my broadheads this year and had to make some major adjustments. They were hitting right and low. So now, instead of just having to make a 5 yard adjustment to practice, the field points are hitting a foot left and instead of being 5 yards short are 5 yards long (i.e. 30 yard broadhead pin is on at 35 for field points). I just can't figure out what is going on. It is dead on with the broadheads, and the bow is tuned perfectly. Any ideas? I can put up with it, but it makes it a pain to practice when you know you aren't going to hit what you are aiming at. It also makes a McKensie pointless when you have to aim for the guts to get a lung hit.