HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hog flips 4-wheeler
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 05:32 PM
dhays
Fork Horn

Default Hog flips 4-wheeler

I replied last week to berniegoeasily about charging hogs. I said I had never been really charged, only bluffed a few times then the hogs veered off. Things have changed! Yesterday I bought a 230 lb boar for our ranch. We let him out in our 120 acre huntin pen and I decided to follow him on my 4-wheeler to see if he would go to one of our water holes. He ran the fence trying to get out for about 15 min. then started toward a small pond. I was following behind him about 50 yards when he turned back toward me. I stopped to see what he was going to do and he suddenly charged my atv full blast. I held my ground thinking he would veer off. He didn't. Right before he got my right leg I gunned the 4-wheeler and turned to the right into him. Bad mistake! He hit the right front of my 600 lb Suzuki Vinson flipping it onto its left side and throwing me off. I rolled on the ground and got up to see him charging around the 4-wheeler still trying to get me. He chased me to the other side of the 4-wheeler and then ran off about 30 yards. I flipped my 4-wheeler back on its wheels, found my cap and glasses and got away from him. I was yery lucky to get away with just a bruised shoulder and a few scratches. I know this was just a rare incedent, but just goes to show how unpredictable wild animals are. I gained a new respect for them.