Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog flips 4-wheeler

Old 08-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hog flips 4-wheeler

I replied last week to berniegoeasily about charging hogs. I said I had never been really charged, only bluffed a few times then the hogs veered off. Things have changed! Yesterday I bought a 230 lb boar for our ranch. We let him out in our 120 acre huntin pen and I decided to follow him on my 4-wheeler to see if he would go to one of our water holes. He ran the fence trying to get out for about 15 min. then started toward a small pond. I was following behind him about 50 yards when he turned back toward me. I stopped to see what he was going to do and he suddenly charged my atv full blast. I held my ground thinking he would veer off. He didn't. Right before he got my right leg I gunned the 4-wheeler and turned to the right into him. Bad mistake! He hit the right front of my 600 lb Suzuki Vinson flipping it onto its left side and throwing me off. I rolled on the ground and got up to see him charging around the 4-wheeler still trying to get me. He chased me to the other side of the 4-wheeler and then ran off about 30 yards. I flipped my 4-wheeler back on its wheels, found my cap and glasses and got away from him. I was yery lucky to get away with just a bruised shoulder and a few scratches. I know this was just a rare incedent, but just goes to show how unpredictable wild animals are. I gained a new respect for them.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hog flips 4-wheeler

damn, you are lucky........
Old 08-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Dominant Buck

That's a BOSS hog!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:18 PM

lol, thats not funny cause you almost got hurt. but looking back you can laff. those bad boys pack a lot of punch when they wanna eat you up. =) atleast yours was free roaming, i had a friend back 1.5-2years ago run from a hog that was in a 4x8x8 trap.... thats just sad and he still hasnt lived it down.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

It wasn't too funny when it happened but, all my hunting buddies are getting a good laugh out of it. I called my best friend and told him about it and he was laughing so hard he had to hang up and call back. I have hunters coming in this weekend and a lot of them like to do spot and stalk hunts. I'm afraid to let them with this agressive boar in there. He had been in a trap and trailor for a couple days before this, so he was pretty ticked off. I hope he will calm down and lose some of his aggression, but I don't know?

Old 08-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: dhays

It wasn't too funny when it happened but, all my hunting buddies are getting a good laugh out of it. I called my best friend and told him about it and he was laughing so hard he had to hang up and call back. I have hunters coming in this weekend and a lot of them like to do spot and stalk hunts. I'm afraid to let them with this agressive boar in there. He had been in a trap and trailor for a couple days before this, so he was pretty ticked off. I hope he will calm down and lose some of his aggression, but I don't know?

Feed him a couple of boxes ofTwinkies and he'll settle down!
Old 08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

I dont think he wants twinkies, I think he prefers ding dongs. (sorry I just couldn't resist)
Old 09-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

Castrate him, then tell him, now who gets the last laugh..
Old 09-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Ya gotta get real close to do that. Been close to this hog, got my butt whupped. Don't want no more of him without a gun in my hand.