HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - most hated tv hunting scenario
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 02:39 PM
TEmbry

Default RE: most hated tv hunting scenario

THE VERY WORST....idk the guys name, but he used to be a nascar driver and now hosts his own hunting show. He went to some high fence-high price ranch in IOWA (of all places) and wat he filmed there made me sick. They interviewed the landowner where he admitted to "implementing these monster bucks into the herd during the offseason". So the next morning while hunting something as tame as a dairy cow, he was sitting in a boxblind. After numerous bucks walked by(6 or7) which all scored over 150- 160, he was gettin anxious to see a big one. Then a buck niknamed "stickers" walked up, which easily went over 200 inches. It was a mainframe 8, with two or three stickers on each beam. This deer was out of his price range so he passed. Then a 160 class deer walked close enough to brush up against the blind, as he aw the buck he wanted. He FINALLY shot this pet that scored around 140 if i was guessing. Hunting?

i have fences around the farm i hunt, but only to keep the cattle in, and they are easily crossed by deer, trust me i know. I shot a 115 class 8 pointer two years ago and to me and all my friends, this is by all means a monster. GUYS AND FARMS LIKE THAT PUT A BAD NAME TO HUNTING.