HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A hunter's stance on the WHA
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 11:24 AM
JeremiahJohnson

Default RE: A hunter's stance on the WHA

Did you know the high fence beginnings is just a start? There are plans to expand to public land and non-fenced land.

Did you know they're considering having an advisory board primarily made up of volunteers that are against WHA? The point is to listen to the concerns of the hunting public and make changes that better suit the future of the sport as seen by the majority of hunters.

Did you know the show will focus on the "campfire communion" of hunting brethren of different backgrounds? There will be story telling and moment sharing, etc.

I've only recently learned these and other facts that make it sound very much different than you may have heard. Keep an open mind and see what happens. Try to think of a television show that 1) captures the essence of hunting, 2) captures the moments of importance while on the hunt, 3) attracts newcomers to hunting, & 4) turns a profit otherwise it can not be done. Not as easy as it sounds. Is this it? I don't know, but I can't think of a television show that does all four of those things. The closest I get is the old Wally Tabor shows that drew thousands to hunting when I was a kid.