HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - update..after a frustrating day
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 07:45 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: update..after a frustrating day

thanx guys..i feel alot better now that the bugs are worked out.

Rob....my broadheads are hitting about 1-2 inches low. i was aiming for the top left dot on the target. the middle dot is a bit shot up..i dont wanna damage them blazers already!..but i understand what you mean. i think i will leave the rest go. the guy at the shop adjusted it all to where is SHOULD be so i got plenty of room to go up with the sights. it wont take much to bring the broadheads up to the bull..i rather do that then screw up my rest AGAIN lol.

rack...i HAD 4 inch feathers up until yesterday. if i didnt refletch now i would been scrambling right before the season to have them done. i dont own a jig yet and figured i better get them done now. i liked the feathers. i love the looks of feathers too. just beat them up really quick. i had 2 pass throughs on my bag(giant hole in it i gota fix tomarrow) with the blazers and both are still perfect. i did that with feathers once and the feather ripped off at the base. i figured i better try out the blazers. i am impressed thus far. i tried tourqing badly to throw the arrow. sent it crazy fish tailing and the blazers still got it close enough to hit the deers vitals. i will say i dont think they spin like the feathers. i had a right helical on both. i think passed 25 yds blazers are the way to go. i know feathers are great i had no problems shooting at 35-40yds with feathers, but no groups like the one in the pic at 35yds.

buckeye..washington hunter is correct. instead of dulling 3 broadheads i just unscrew the same one. little more walking but i still got 5 sharp muzzys ready for a deer.

it feels good to have the kinks worked out. my confidence is boosted and the frustration of having broadheads flying off target is gone. the bow also feels better with the sights lower. cant wait...about a month to go. thatll be the true test. anyone can drill targets. when it comes down to having a big ole buck marching down the trail thats a whole new ball game. thats where i hope practice pays off. i got a pretty natural feeling form, and if my grip is proper the bow falls level and the shot is on. just gota make sure i use the right pin!